A significant portion of people suffers from hair loss problems. Procedures like hair transplants are not liked by several people since they result in displaying the extra cosmetic work being done instead of a natural hairline. You might have heard about several terms like hair transplant and hair restoration, or hair plugs and might be confused between them to get decide on any one aspect. If you are in the same state, then you are in the right place.
How is Hair loss caused?
Probably the most annoying thing about hair loss is the reasons causing them. A significant portion of hair loss in men is caused due to genetics leading to male pattern baldness or Androgenetic Alopecia. Such hair loss issue is identified by the way of gradual hair thinning and loss, initiating above the temples and thinning near the top of the head. Other probable aspects comprise disease, stress, medicines, variations in hormones, or any injuries.
Hair transplant is a surgical treatment for restoring the lost hair where the hair is taken from the places of the scalp which has thick hair growth. Once these thick hair follicles are removed, they are fixed to the bald regions with the aid of minor incisions. Anaesthesia is used to numb the target scalp region, and hair follicles are inserted. The hair will take around 6 months to begin its regrowth.
- Several medical products can offer successful results, especially if used in the early stages of hair loss under expert guidance. They can restore the lost hair to a significant extent, typically by enhancing hair growth and thickness in the nearby follicles that have still not gone to inactive mode. Some of the highly used hair loss treatments such as finasteride, minoxidil, and a few customized and advanced hair loss prevention products, can aid you to avoid hair transplants.
- Androgen-dependent hair loss medications, such as Finasteride, function by blocking the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone. This dihydrotestosterone is a hormone that is proven to be the main reason for male pattern baldness and Finasteride shows its effects after around three months of usage.
- Androgen-independent hair loss medications, such as Minoxidil, works by widening tiny blood vessels in the body. The reason for its hair growth encouragement is still unknown, but it has shown positive effects in around 40% of men with around three months of usage. It will continue to aid hair growth when taken as per schedule from expert doctors. It can be used even by women, unlike androgen-dependent medicines.
Why is hair transplant not preferred by some?
- A single session of a hair transplant will need around 8 hours. There will be a risk of a drop in effectiveness as hair follicles die with prolonged exposure to air.
- Generally, a single session of a hair transplant will activate 3000 follicles when performed under expert supervision. The majority of individuals will require more for gaining a good amount of thickness and more sessions for desired results.
- There will be a failure of around 10% and 90% of follicles that undergo transplantation.
- The cost of a hair transplant is dependent on the total number of follicles transplanted. There will be varying follicle costs, relying on the expertise and location of the clinic. So, an increase in the number of hair follicles will result in a direct impact on the overall cost. So, if you are willing to take a hair transplant, you cannot rely on deciding on the overall price. You have analyzed the total volume of hair follicles needed to show the desired results.
- If the hair loss is due to any underlying issue, then hair loss will continue even after the insertion of hair follicles. It may again leave you with a new pattern of bald portions between your old and freshly implanted follicles. To refrain from such issues, you may have to go for another round of hair transplant surgery.
- Any kind of surgery will have its risks and downtime. There will be dressing over the head for few days to avoid infection and may be given antibiotics for promoting healing.
- The majority of the implanted hairs will fall out after the surgery. Only the follicles that survive will start to grow hair which will need around a year or more to get the outcome. It may require two years for the freshly transplanted hair to be blended with the natural hair.
Is Hair restoration worth it?
Surgical procedures take much longer and have probable risks and other complications. An unparalleled advantage of non-surgical hair restoration is its flexibility to be the best option for all types of people. Therefore, there is a high probability that it will highly suit your requirements and solve the issues.
There will not be any kind of discomfort as there will not be any invasive procedures. This will avoid any potential problems like the presence of scars or risks of any diseases. If you are not a candidate for surgical hair restoration for any kind of reason, then a non-surgical treatment could be the best choice for your problem.
One more exciting reason to go the non-surgical hair restoration is its absence of any linear scars. Invasive procedures will leave you with noticeable scars, that can be embarrassing in the public. With advanced non-surgical hair restorations, you don’t have to think of scarring.
Synergy well and med spa have an exclusive method to various types of hair loss, especially Women’s hair loss. The experienced professional knows about all the impacts feel satisfied that we have aided many men and women to get back their self-esteem. We work on a wide range of clients with “hair loss issues and people with other medical problems. The team emphasizes giving the latest cutting-edge technologies available in the world. Synergy wellness along with Guci image offers optimal customer Service and Experience, with individual attention to your hair loss problem.