As the world continues to unearth the pathway to the fountain of youth, medical aesthetics has discovered many ways to set the clock back on everyone’s face and body. One way to look fresh and feel young is IV Vitamin therapy. In recent years, the treatment has soared in popularity as celebrities and social media influencers swore to its health benefits and considered this the latest wellness must-have.
IV Vitamin Therapy In A Nutshell
Intravenous (IV) vitamin therapy is a treatment that delivers nutrients directly into a patient’s vein, which boosts energy, alertness, rapid hydration, and the ability to get high doses of vitamins and antioxidants quickly. The IV method is the fastest way for 100% absorption of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. In particular, some claim that vitamin infusions boost the immune system, increasing mental clarity and fighting conditions such as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, to name a few. The treatment also helps athletes aid muscular cramps from overextended fatigued muscles and claims improvements in athletic performance. More positive affirmations come from people who have asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation, sensitive gut, and digestive issues. Some recipients of the treatment also have reported improvements in eyesight.
Throughout the years, while some people have been suffering from different nutrient deficiencies and reverse malnutrition symptoms, intravenous now aid the lacking nutrients directly to the body as infusion takes the fluids into the bloodstream. Remember that an IV won’t cause any problems if the patient is hooked up to the IV drip in clean conditions while administered by a trained professional such as a licensed aesthetician. Still, we should be aware that side effects can happen with IV vitamins as it bypasses the regular filters of the stomach and intestines against bacteria. Vitamin infusion may also be risky to people with kidney disease, renal failure, congestive heart failure, and high blood pressure. These conditions are prone to fluid overload without consistent monitoring. The consequences of fluid overload may lead to heart failure, delayed wound healing, and impaired bowel function.
However, for those who can still chew and swallow food with a functioning digestive system, it’s better to focus on getting the nutrients through food as we need the nutrients that a balanced whole food diet provides.
Internet Discussions About The Treatment
While IV vitamin therapy sparks so many conversations over the internet about its health benefits and effects, the safer route to getting the nutrients we need is still to invest in an excellent clean whole-food diet and appropriate supplements. Oral nutrients are still the better choice. The healthier alternative of getting vitamin shots is still drinking plenty of water, including nutrients through the diet, as the gut is the natural mode of vitamin absorption. On the other hand, some people still strived to improve health, avoid the virus or perk themselves up throughout the day. The treatment now complements a proper diet and rehydration to optimize effectivity on health conditions. Other uses of the IV treatments are age management, artery cleansing, detoxification, energy boost, immune system enhancement, sickness prevention, and more.
Different Benefits Of IV Vitamin Therapy
Research is developing an IV vitamin therapy, but popular infusions include Amino acids, Vitamin C, Glutathione, Magnesium, Vitamin B Complex, B12, Glutamine, Selenium, Glutamine, Alpha-lipoic Acid, Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD). As many people have sworn to this procedure, raving that they feel better and more energetic afterward, here are the health benefits why it’s been the talk of the town and considered by most, if not all.
- Amino acids are an essential group of organic compounds that helps build and repair tissues in the formation and function of enzymes that help food digestion and boost memory power.
- Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that supports the immune system, and IV therapy increases this essential vitamin to help the body fight illness.
- Magnesium is a mineral that helps regulate muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure. Other benefits of magnesium also include proper regulation of blood glucose (blood sugar) levels and blood pressure, boosted energy levels, and aids in producing proteins.
- Vitamin B complex infusion helps boost energy levels when feeling moody or irritable or lost motivation that will help make you feel like yourself again.
- B12 keeps the nerve and blood cells of the body healthy and helps make DNA that cofactor in synthesis and fatty acid and amino acid metabolism.
- Biotin (B7) plays an essential role in the health of your hair, skin, and nails. It also plays a role in many complex metabolic processes inside your body. At the same time, it enables the body to convert different forms of energy for use and the production of proteins.
- Selenium is an essential mineral that supports the immune system, fertility, and cognitive function. It also prevents cardiovascular disease, thyroid problems, cognitive decline, which means disorders related to thinking, cancer, and others.
- Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxidant that improves the metabolic process, promotes weight loss, and helps control blood sugar. However, the body can produce all alpha-lipoic acid it needs so long as the body is healthy.
- Glutamine is a vital amino acid, a building block of protein, and a critical part of the immune system. Glutamine has a critical role in intestinal health.
- Glutathione is an antioxidant that primarily helps fight disease and injury by binding to free radicals and facilitating their removal from your body. It also improves the health of the body’s cells to reverse aging and help in keeping a youthful and radiant appearance.
- Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD)- is a coenzyme that maintains normal levels of energy and maintains the health of mitochondria. As we age, NAD in the body declines over time. Still, its coenzyme helps restore muscle function and athletic performance, improving brain regeneration, restoring energy levels, improving depression, and improving mental clarity.
As noted, the recommendation of IV vitamin therapy and its frequency is different for each patient, while prices and results may vary. Hence, consultation from an extensively trained medical professional such as an aesthetician is a must with immense knowledge of the latest techniques and technology on the cosmetic market.
Synergy Wellness and Medispa has it all covered for you as you pave the way to health and wellness from the inside out. Overall, the procedure will recharge, revitalize, and rejuvenate in as little as 30 minutes with no downtime. The sooner you’ll have it done, the sooner you will like what you see in the mirror.