How frequently do you notice your face’s huge pores, those fresh wrinkles, or that annoying scar when you glance in the mirror? There’s a good chance you have at least one undesirable body mark. Don’t give up! Collagen induction therapy (CIT), a quick procedure, can assist in toning, smoothing, and brightening your skin. CIT can help your body mend itself in a variety of ways, including stretch mark treatment and wrinkle reduction.
WHAT IS COLLAGEN?
Collagen actually ties our bodies together and derives from the Greek term for glue. The majority of human body proteins are this one. Collagen gives the skin, among other body parts, strength and cushioning. However, collagen breaks down as we age, causing our skin to sag and wrinkle. In order to heal wounds and lessen scarring, scientists and medical experts have found techniques to replace aged collagen and use collagen to regenerate skin tissue.
COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY’S MYSTIQUE
We are all aware of the significance of encouraging our bodies to produce more collagen. To assist treat our aged collagen, the cosmetics industry has created hundreds of specific forms of collagen. Imagine, though, if we could convince our bodies to produce collagen on their own! That is how collagen induction treatment works. CIT is a minimally invasive therapy used in a medical setting and is also known as microneedling.
During this very painless procedure, microneedles are used to prick the skin, commonly on the face. The skin thus creates a large amount of its own collagen. Elastin, a different protein in the body that gives the skin elasticity, can also be produced by the body when CIT is administered. Microneedling causes the skin to regenerate from the inside out, causing the body to regain its youthful state.
Each patient in CIT receives care using a unique microneedle, assuring safety and sterility. Before treatment, the skin is numbed and sterilized to make it painless. The day following the treatment, your skin can appear somewhat pink, but this is your body’s natural collagen being produced.
One of the most important and widely available proteins in the human body, collagens are in charge of keeping the skin’s suppleness and strength. A slowdown in collagen formation as the body ages will cause the development of aging skin symptoms.
Collagen induction therapy is a straightforward procedure that uses a derma-roller to produce tiny incisions in the skin. This measured harm triggers the body’s innate ability to heal itself. The skin creates a healing response by producing collagen, which leads to the growth of new skin cells and gives the skin a surprisingly smooth and healthy appearance.
Most patients have only experienced mild discomfort, which is tolerable thanks to numbing lotion that blocks the pain throughout the process.
The pen is rolled on the target area, with special attention paid to the troubled area as the numbing cream begins to take effect. Since micro-needling promotes the formation of new skin, it is important to understand that it is not a quick fix. The full effects of the treatment won’t be apparent for a few months.
Does collagen induction therapy merit the discomfort?
The micro-needling pen’s automatic vibrating function increases the effectiveness of other skin treatments by promoting product absorption while minimizing pain and irritation.
Using micro-needling, you can achieve tight, smooth, and even-toned skin on your face and other parts of your body. Additionally, it has demonstrated that its beneficial effects effectively treat skin problems, including wrinkles, enlarged pores, acne, surgery and stretch marks, etc.
This procedure is mostly used on the face to address scars, wrinkles, and wide pores to generate new collagen and healthy skin tissues to give you toned, smooth, firm, and natural-looking skin.
For the vast majority of patients who are in generally good health and experience little to no downtime, this procedure is minimally invasive and proved to be quite safe. After the treatment, you can have minor redness and irritation for no more than two days.
The therapy is easy because it just takes two hours to complete the preparation and procedure.
For carrying out this method, specific states have specific regulations. A skilled skin specialist often takes four sessions to display complete and natural effects.
Prior to treatment
- If you have a health history, your doctor may prescribe antiviral medication to lower your risk of infection.
- Additionally, they will advise you to cease using any retinoid products or blood thinners because doing so could increase the risk of bleeding during the surgery.
- The majority of people can manage the minimally painful treatment. The doctor will apply a numbing gel to minimize any discomfort the patient may feel while receiving therapy.
- Depending on the target area and the state of the skin, this process may take an hour to complete.
- On the day of the treatment, you should refrain from wearing any form of cosmetics or topical lotions.
- For the creation of new collagen, there must be a minimum 6-week break between the sessions. You must give the skin enough time to heal as soon as it turns red.
After the Treatment
- Depending on the extent of the surgery, the skin may exhibit signs of redness, slight edema, or bruising after treatment. There could be some inflammation, which would have a sunburn-like effect. Generally speaking, the swelling, redness, bruising, or discomfort will go away in a few days when the face turns pink. The doctor may advise you to avoid the sun even for a few weeks following the therapy at certain times.
- After two weeks, the results will become apparent, and they could last up to eight months. Follow the directions precisely and use any antibiotic creams as advised by your doctor. Results can take a little longer, but they will eventually be normal.
Micronnedling is minimally invasive and may be managed by numbing creams, and the procedure is excellent for persons who are afraid of surgical operations. Collagen induction therapy is your best option if you want to address the defects in your skin using natural methods. However, make sure to collaborate with knowledgeable, educated, and experienced skin specialists like those in Synergy Wellness for the best outcome.